I’m changing topics this morning to share with you 12 funny error messages that were seen on Japanese computers a number of years ago. Some were written in Haiku, and they’re really pretty funny, unless, of course, it’s happening to you. Our computers are more reliable now, but these sayings still make me laugh!
Aren’t these better than less imaginative phrases like, “Your computer has performed an illegal operation”?
12 Funny Error Messages
1. Chaos reigns within. Reflect, repent, and reboot. Order shall return.
2. Program aborting. Close all that you have worked on. You ask far too much.
3. Windows NT crashed. I am the Blue Screen of Death. No one hears your screams.
4. Yesterday it worked…. Today, it is not working. Windows is like that.
5. Your file was so big. It might be very useful. But now it is gone.
6. Stay the patient course. Of little worth is your ire. The network is down.
7. A crash reduces your expensive computer to a simple stone.
8. Three things are certain: Death, taxes, and lost data. Guess which has occurred?
9. You step in the stream, but the water has moved on. This page is not here.
10. Out of memory. We wish to hold the whole sky. But we never will.
11. Having been erased, the document you’re seeking must now be retyped. (Not so funny!)
12. Screen. Mind. Both are blank.
These still make me laugh, and I’ve read them quite a few times. I hope you enjoy them, too.
Next week I will share books, magazines, and TV shows I find inspiring. Feel free to message me with those things that have inspired you!
Until then, I wish you happiness.